Monday 16 May 2011

Ranelagh Half Marathon - Sun 8th May

My good friend Rob managed to get me an entry from one of his running club who wasn't able to run. So as the race is only 5miles away and with a free entry I thought it a good idea to give the legs an outing to see how recovery has gone since my big run.
In short, bit warm, went out at 1:27 pace for first 3miles, this felt much harder than it should, so slowed to about 7 to 7.10pace. Kept to this for the rest of the run, definitely noticed how the warmer weather increases the Heart Rate as my HR at 7 to 7.10 pace was about 10bpm higher than normal. At about 11.5miles caught up with a runner who I had spoken to at the start who had said he wanted to do sub 1:35. He was struggling a bit so I did my best to run with him and encourage him to keep going as he was ahead of schedule, he did well and hung in there to finish with me in 1:33.40. Easy 1mile jog back to car and home.

Still a bit of recovery to go until I can look at having a full out attack on my Half/Mara PB's but this will come. Very happy how well I recovered overall, only 1 week off after the VLM x 4 and then 20miles run the next week, so this is a good sign. Events are going to come fairly thick and fast now, some really good events coming up that I am looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment