Friday 10 June 2011

Southdowns Marathon tomorrow

I am looking forward to the Southdowns Marathon tomorrow, it is one of my favourite races. It has great scenery, a tough course with 5500ft+ of climb, it is on trails, the organisers (2:09 Events) do a great job and the goodybag is really good (has a Salomon tech t-shirt among other things).
A few runners I know are running tomorrow, so if I am lucky I may see a couple of the runners who were Pacers at the Brighton Mara and a couple of other runners I have run with during Ultras, so hope to have a quick catch up before the race.
I have never tried to run this event really hard, and never gone under 4hrs in the last 2yrs I have run it, however, with the Classic Qtr Ultra in 2 weeks time, I may need to take things a little easier than a full out blast, but will see how I feel in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment