Tuesday 13 March 2012

Gym - I think I remember where it is.

I found my way to the Gym this evening. Stayed away from the BIG weights, as I knew there was little chance of shifting them, but pleasantly surprised that my skinny runners arms managed to pick up and move some fairly good KG's. So until the rear of the left knee is 100% the gym will be my friend, the stationary bike will not, it is soooo boring when you can't go hard on the pedals (I think my HR peaked at 80bpm),
but will be tolerated in the quest for return to running and to try and keep a modicum of fitness.
Who knows, the upshot of the gym work may be that I gain a few pounds and get a bit stronger over the next couple of weeks, and that can't be all bad.


2 comments:

  1. Hey David. how have you been since TP100? You gonna write a report? If so you have a better memory then me. I find that if I dont litterally write it a day or so later I forget everything. Thanks for comment on 10k report. That result was most unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stu, might write a report, but might be 'I ran, picked up niggle, ran lots more and made niggle much worse, it got dark, i hobbled a lot, the sun came up and a bit later I finished' So, on the bench at the mo, and hopefully the gym bike is a temporary measure.

    ReplyDelete