Friday 4 March 2011

Brighton Marathon - 4hr Pace Leader for CLIF Bar Pace Team

Really chuffed as I have been chosen as the 4hr Pace Leader at the Brighton Marathon on 10th April for the CLIF Bar Pace Team. So I will have the responsibility/honour of running at a very consistent pace for the whole way to ensure those runners trying for a sub 4hr marathon can follow me to the finish and get a time of 3hrs59mins59secs or less (no pressure then!!). CLIF Bar will also have a stand at the expo the day before so we meet runners and offer advice and encouragement (I am doing the 4-6pm slot), we also get Saucony running gear including trainers, overnight accommodation and obviously free race entry along with CLIF Bar goodies. Really looking forward to it although it is only 6days before I attempt the VLM 4 x in 24hrs, but 4hr pace will be slower than my easy long run pace, and I am feeling like the training is really going well, so I hope a really steep taper (resting up) after Brighton and before London will have me raring to go.

Some of the other Pacers in the CLIF Bar Team are vv serious athletes, 100+ marathons and World Championship runners, seems like the 4hr runners may have drawn the short straw as they have me pacing them (!!!!!).

2 comments:

  1. nice job.. Celebrity runner now are we :-)

    I'm sure you will make a lot of people very happy in achieving there goal. Just don't let anyone finish ahead of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, better get ready to sign some autographs. Might let the sub3hr runners finish ahead of me!!!

    ReplyDelete