Wednesday 9 March 2011

Warp Speed Mr Zulu


‎06:25am and half hour into my run, I look happy!!!!


Run finished, happy/looking a bit psycho.












The weekends training runs went a little like this:

Saturday 5th March
‎30.2miles of Richmond Park covered this morning, very eerie at 5:45 in the morning, and very quiet. Had my Shooting Star t-shirt on (with another 3 layers), I had forgot how hilly the park was, as 3300ft of ascent for the run. Lucky to have Sherrine (a work colleague) join me for the middle13miles, she did very well and is looking good for her race, Kingston Breakfast Run (16miles) on 27th March. I felt really good and picked the pace up a little bit over the last few miles in fact 3miles (24to26) were covered in 22mins including the hills. Total Distance: 30.2mi / Time: 4hrs16mins49secs = 8.31per mile average 

Sunday 6th March
Having spent the morning at the zoo with the family, managed to get out for my run early PM, which was a bonus. Legs felt pretty good and set off at easy pace and didn't pay much attention to the Garmin until I stopped for a quick chat with a friend (Jayne, thanks for the words of encouragement, nice to see you) where I noticed 7miles done at 8.11 average!!! Blimey it didn't feel like I was running at that pace it felt very easy. So I set off and back along the Thames at 11 miles towards Bushy Park for the last 9miles, and with the wind with me I was now doing sub8 pace for the same effort. I saw Jo Pavey twice during my lap of Bushy Park and even got a friendly wave (I hope she does well at the NYC Half Mara this month), so I picked the pace up a little more towards the end, and a 7.16 last mile.
Total Distance: 20mi / Time: 2hrs39mins12secs = 7.58per mile average
I didn't think sub 8min miles for 20miles would have felt so comfortable, especially having done a 30miler round Richmond Park yesterday. Training seems to be coming together. Warp speed Mr Zulu.........

Total Miles Run for the week: 82.9 (lets call it 83)

1 comment:

  1. words just can't describe how much I am in awe of your running. You have now gone to the next level. This is bonkers. I see a fully focused machine here in front of me. You must be buzzing! I am about a year behind you but slowly getting better. You need to give me some Crew discussion as it is only a month away

    ReplyDelete