Monday 2 January 2012

2011 Round Up

As per last year, and as is popular with most runners who have a blog, I thought I would do a quick round up of 2011 by the races, mileage run etc as a breakdown for my own benefit and for those who follow my blog (if any at all!!)

Ultra's (26.2miles and further)
4 (1 x 100 and a bit miler, 2 x 50miler, 1 x 44miler)

Marathons (26.2miles)
7 (CTS Sussex, Brighton - 4hr Pacer, Treadmill @ Bentalls Shopping Centre, Southdowns, Kent Coastal,
NYC - 4:10 Pacer, Portsmouth Coastal)

Half Marathon+
2 (Dorney Lake, Ranelagh Rchmond)

Mileage
Total for Year: 2186.9
Av Per Week (52weeks): 42.056
Highest Mileage Month + Week: March 293.1 + 107.8
Lowest Mileage Month + Week: Oct 93.2 + 17 (not including injury/recovery weeks)

PB's in 2011
Kent Coastal Marathon: 3:16.18
Dorney Lake Half Marathon: 1:26.50
(2nd 10k of above in 40:50 was a 10k PB!)
Bushy Park 5k: 18:55

All in all a very good year (IMHO), with some milestones reached. Specificially, the 4x Marathons in 24hrs
to do my first 100miler was a real learning experience and something I will remember for a very long time. The secnd, is going way under 1:30 for the Half Marathon. This came as a shock as A) it was raced during a big mileage training week (I ran 30miles the next day!), and B) my PB was 1:35, so to go to 1:26 was a huge surprise, it just felt so easy, one of those days where everything came together, I dare say, if it was a Marathon I was running that day I would have gone very close to 3hrs. If only it was like that every time I raced.

So 2012 is here and I think it is going to be a big year again, and will definitely involve running with some very good friends and having a lot of fun. Happy Running.

3 comments:

  1. An incredible set of stats David, as is usual for us two we will be meeting on two very tough runs this year...I can't wait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Jezza. Nearly as impressive as your stats, but not quite. I am in the Winter Tanners, so will be seeing you and Rob on the 15th. Any chance you can bring my stuff sac with you, might need it for the upcoming BIG races :-)
    Happy (belated) New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year and well done on those awesome stats fella. They are stellar!

    Can't wait to catch up for Tanners!!

    ReplyDelete