Friday 27 January 2012

Training Week: 16th - 23rd Jan + Olympics 2012

Easy week last week after three higher mileage weeks of training, so no major runs, just ticking over, but pleasantly pleased with the 3mi @ pace on Thursday, and how comfortable Marathon Pace (MP) felt on Sat, so hopefully this means training is going in the right direction.
Training Week by day/mileage:
Mon: Rest/Core
Tues: 6mi Steady
Weds: 6mi Easy
Thurs: 5mi with 3m @ sub 6.30pace
Fri: Rest/Core
Sat: 10mi with 9mi @ MP
Sun: 8mi Easy/Trail
Total: 35mi
Nice weekend down in the New Forest with the family, so some good fun mucking around out in the fresh air, and trying to tire the kids out (some chance), I think kids are athletes by nature, as they can go at 100mph again and again with next to no rest. Wish I could still do that.

Olympics 2012
On Friday I got the amazing news that I had been selected to be an Olympic Torchbearer. I am absolutely chuffed to bits, although part of me feels I probably have not done anywhere near as much as others to deserve this, but either way, I have been very fortunate to get selected and I am going to make the most of this amazing opportunity and enjoy the experience for all it is worth, as it is a once in a lifetime thing.

Happy Running

No comments:

Post a Comment