Thursday 5 January 2012

Training Week: 26th Dec - 1st Jan 2012

In an attempt to keep my blog updated on a much more regular basis, I will try and post my weekly training  or at least a Monthly round up. So here goes:
Last weeks training by day and mileage -
Mon: Rest/Core
Tues: 10.3mi - 6m easy, 3mi @ Goal Marathon Pace, 1.3mi easy
Weds: 20mi Long Run
Thurs: 11mi easy
Fri: Rest/Core
Sat: 13.7mi - 10mi @ medium pace c 7.50 - 8.00, 3.7mi easy
Sun: 10.1m easy - included Bushy Park 5k with only last 1.1mi at real pace
Total: 65.1mi

Good solid week and big increase from previous Up Week of training (50miles) but a 30% increase was probably a bit too much, and I should know better. Look to do another 2 weeks in the 65 - 70mpw range which should mean I am really tired for Winter Tanners 30 on 15th Jan, but then it is an easy week afterwards, which I will thoroughly enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking that was a pretty good week but you are only 8 weeks from the TP100 so should be close to peaking in the next 4-6 weeks.

    Great stuff fella. Where the hell do you get time to run so long for mid week??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was off last week. The only way to do it when at work is to run to/from work which is 9 to 10miles each way, so 18 - 20miles per day. This started this week, actually ran home and back to work in the space of 1+3/4hrs. Sometimes I don't know why we enter such long races, the training to try and get in shape to have a chance of finishing is just mad.

    ReplyDelete