Thursday 20 January 2011

Back on the road

After some sort of illness put paid to any running this weekend it is good to be back out on the road. Now i know i only missed 2 runs total 18miles, but it is not long until the Thames Trot 50miler on the 5th Feb, and more ominously only 3 months until my BIG challenge (Running the London Marathon 4 x in 24hrs). So i am aware i can't afford to miss any training as i need to be in the shape of my life come April 16th. So 12miles last night and 12miles tonight have put things back on track, hopefully get 60 - 65miles in this week, which will make me feel a bit better (worry less).
Also, great news that another ultrarunner (Rich) has volunteered to run a Marathon with me when i take on the 4 in 24hrs, so with Jerry also doing a mara and the big guy (bobban) being crew chief, things are starting to take shape. I am very lucky to have such generous people lend there support.

4 comments:

  1. It's going to be awesome mate :-) and your very welcome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Rich, this is THE run of 2011. Have you thought of contacting runners world and asking them to write report on it?

    I am hoping to be able to manage a few kms run with you to if I am back in shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and as your Head of Everything, you need to invest in a 310XT so you can keep track of your run. they are £228 on amazon and £217 on ebay. Early birthday fella?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not in the VLM now as I decided that I wanted to focus on Crawley but still very happy to help. I am in a cycle down week this week which luckily coincides with the timing of TT which I think I need as my body is a td tired and needs a rest.

    May...bring it on

    ReplyDelete