Tuesday 25 January 2011

Back to Backs


 Last weekend's runs went well ...... in that I did them.  When the alarm went off at 5.55am on Saturday morning I didn't exactly jump out of bed and go "woo hoo, 25miles to run this morning".  But I got myself ready and out the door for 6.30 and onto the Thames Path at Hampton Court Bridge; it was nice to run along the river and watch as the sun came up for the start of a new day.  I ran along the towpath to just past Kew Bridge and then back the way I had come, it was interesting to see how busy the Thames was by this time as there are a lot of Rowing clubs in this area and plenty of boats out on the water.  I also noticed a few more runners out at the weekends, no doubt a few of them training for the London Marathon (good luck to them).  When I got home at about 10.30 I got my son to take the above picture, he thought it was funny how dirty my legs were, although strangely I have just noticed the left leg is a lot less dirty!

Went to a party at friends house on Saturday night, this involved a big spread set up by the local curry house(I went round twice!), along with a good few beers, mojito's and a late night.  I also had the good fortune to speak to Debs (a Mum from school) who is very keen to use her PR skills to publicise the 4 in 24hrs attempt, watch this space. Needless to say I awoke Sunday to the glorious feeling of a stonking headache. I like the drinking, not the after effects.  Sundays 12 miles was therefore put off until late in the evening (9.30pm), when I trudged round, probably not the best quality run, but one that got the mileage up when I wasn't feeling 100%.

Note: Internal oblique muscle strain is still a concern (that's what I have self diagnosed!).

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's all coming together.

    I did a b2b last week with 13m hilly miles on the friday and 18m saturday morning on the flat at 6am (with 8 miles at MP pace) before brekkie and no hydration. I must admit it wiped me out the next day energy wise. Then again I had a great fast session on the monday so I cannot complain to much :-)

    Miles in the bank are great value for running economy which in our world of ultra are just as a important as specific high intensity sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear you are back in a positive frame of mind after the man-flu. I might be doing a little more than crewing for you.....I can walk and have been doing elliptical trainer and bike work at the gym!!

    Running soon I hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news, you are like Wolverine in X-Men with his super fast healing. Also a bit like him skeleton wise now you have the metal in the leg..... I obviously watch too many cartoons with the kids.

    ReplyDelete