Saturday 15 January 2011

4 x Virgin London Marathons in 24hrs!!!!!

David Hegarty is fundraising for The Shooting Star Children's Hospice

I like to do the odd long run! in aid of The Shooting Star Children's Hospice, and this year is no different. Having supported Shooting Star since 2009 when I ran from London to Brighton this will be the 3rd year I will be supporting them and I am very proud to be able to do so. Each year the scale/distance of the challenge I have set myself has increased (2009 – 56miles, 2010 – 87miles), but this year I think I have actually set myself something so tough that I am quite nervous about the whole thing.

What am I doing (attempting)?
The 2011 Virgin London Marathon, which is a big challenge in its own right, but I am going to attempt to run it 4 times in 24hrs. To put this into perspective this is 104.8miles, or the same distance as driving from Central London to Leicester!!!!
Please click the link above for more details and to be taken to my justgiving page, if you are able to sponsor me a pound or two it would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. As promised I will take the role of crew for the mission.

    ReplyDelete